Monday, February 25, 2008

Make Konqueror remember the default view

One of the 'features' of open-source is this phrase that I'm sure you heard at least once: "Well now... that's not a bug, it's a *feature*!" -- yeah, right!


One of those "features" is the fact that Konqueror doesn't seem to remember the default view I set up in any profile. Namely, when I use Konqueror as a file manager and type something in the address bar, such as ~/tmp, I really want it to display the contents of ~/tmp in "Detailed List View", the way I chose it as default! But it doesn't.


Apparently there's a workaround for this and it's actually a point-and-click solution.


Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> File Associations -> expand "inode" -> select "directory" -> Embedding tab -> Services Preference Order -> click on the view you need ("Detailed List View" in my case) -> click on "Move Up" until it reaches the top of the list -> Apply -> OK.


Whew! That did it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment